Dr. Zel Krajden is the Chief of Surgery at Brampton Civic Hospital, the Division Head of Plastic Surgery at Sir William Olser Health System as well as the medial director and founder of Woodbridge Plastic Surgery Clinic. He is a well-respected Plastic, Reconstructive and Cosmetic Surgeon, who has been serving the Greater Toronto area for more than a decade.
Certified by the Royal College of Physicians of Canada as a Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon Dr. Krajden is passionate about the care and results he delivers to his patients.
His attention to detail and ongoing commitment delivering safe, natural and aesthetically pleasing results has made him sought out by both patients and his fellow colleagues for his consistent ability to deliver reliable patient satisfaction. He is devoted to helping his patients look and feel their very best.
Dr. Krajden obtained his undergraduate degree in Physiology at Western University, where he further perused and completed his medical degree. He completed his surgical Internship at Queens University and was elected a prestigious fellowship at the University of Toronto in Plastic, Reconstructive and Cosmetic Surgery (FRCSC) from the Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada where he was mentored by some of the country’s most elite surgeons.
As a highly accomplished and experienced specialist in his field he is in high demand by law firms and insurance companies as a medical expert to provide his opinion on their most challenging cases, as well as provide treatment for aesthetic compromised scars and traumatic defects. These patients are often sent to Dr. Krajden for both assessment and treatment.
Dr. Krajden is a frequent lecturer on the subject of plastic and reconstructive surgery and he attends national meetings to continue developing innovative plastic surgery techniques. His work has been featured in several professional publications and he has been featured on several television appearances. In addition to his ongoing commitment to sharing his expertise he is also an Assistant Clinical Professor at McMaster University.
Dr. Krajden performs the majority of his cosmetic and complex reconstructive surgeries at The Brampton Civic Hospital and actively on staff at Spa Medica Infinite Vitality Clinic.
Dr. Krajden’s office in Woodbridge is a new state-of-the-art facility with a full range of today’s most advanced cosmetic technologies. With a wide range of services available, Dr. Krajden and his professional staff provide the highest quality of care in a comfortable, relaxed setting and they are devoted to providing the best possible experience to those they care for.
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Canadian Medical Association
- Canadian Medical Protective Association
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
- Ontario Medical Association
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
Past Work Highlights
- Plastic Surgery delegate, Ontario Medical Association annual meeting and surgical assembly
- Consultant, retained to perform an external review of a major hospital’s surgical programme (regarding manpower, resources and on-call coverage)
- Expert Witness, qualified by the Ontario Superior Court of Justice and the Financial Services Commission of Ontario (including judge and jury trials, as well as both plaintiff and defence reports in cases involving hand trauma, facial injuries, burns, peripheral nerve surgery, pressure ulcers, severe infections and post-traumatic scarring)
- Expert Witness, retained by both Plaintiff and Defence Law Firms (in Ontario, British Columbia, Alberta and Nova Scotia)
- Malpractice Expert, College of Physicians & Surgeons of Ontario and the Canadian Medical Protective Association (investigating standard of care and patient complaints)
- Guest Lecturer, Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons, University Health Network annual conference, Canadian Society of Hospital Medicine, Ontario Insurance Adjusters Association, Canadian Life and Health Insurance Association, Canadian Defence Lawyers, Ontario Bar Association and the Ontario Trial Lawyers Association.
University of Toronto
FRCSC, Plastic Surgery Residency Program
Doctor of Medicine (M.D.)
Bachelor of Applied Science (B.A. Sc.), Physiology